All forms of violence are rife in our South African communities. During the COVID-19 lockdown period, record numbers of people reported incidents of violence at home. Government and NGOs launch campaign after campaign to raise awareness of Gender-Based Violence.
Aquilla Training’s online workshop raises awareness by looking at this form of violence from different angles because all the people serving in helping professions have a role to play to mitigate this problem. We look at the facts and myths about Gender-Based Violence as well as Domestic Violence because violence becomes everyone’s problem. We discuss the abuser, rape, and sexual abuse. This workshop is compiled by Dr Barbara Louw. The purpose of this workshop is to empower people who care about others to make a difference by being able to identify the problem and knowing where to start to look for help. Let’s be part of the solution and work toward helping people to become well and whole.
If you are in an abusive relationship this workshop will empower you to take a step back and look the situation in the eye. Please take the courage to stand up and get help. You are never alone.
ACRP/CPSC awarded 5 CPD points for this workshop. Participants can download their certificates immediately after completing the workshop.
Enrol - Gender-based Violence workshop.
- Gender Based Violence is Rife!
- Suicide Prevention
- Electricity Interruptions
- Christian Pastoral Counselling Training - From certificate to post-grad.
- The CPD point discussion
- Update September 2021
- Training Request
- Online skills workshops are not all equal
- Recovery and Revival – Online for me
- Miscarriage Workshop / Miskraam Werkswinkel
- Werklikheid van Selfdood / Reality of Suicide
- Art and Play / Kuns en Speel
- Ouers Rousmart / Parents Grieving
- South African detail about COVID-19
- Miscarriage and still birth